sugar and spice. vodka and ice. that's what girls are really made of.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG, THEN FOLLOW. DON'T ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU BACK. (iHATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT)
I WILL FOLLOW BACK VOLUNTARILY IF I LIKE YOURS IN RETURN.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

80. sushi bar & sake bomb



I've already established it before that in the states they refer to the word "rolls" instead of "maki" which is the Japanese term (and what we use in the Philippines too). But I even realized more, as my friend also mentioned, that there are even more variety of rolls/maki's here in the states than in Japan. Hmmm interesting.. and I've noticed that too. I haven't been eating in Sushi restaurants here in the states, but the names of their "rolls" are really unique and interesting. Like dragon rolls, or caterpillar rolls etc.


On the other hand, I still haven't figured out where "california" maki came from. I bet now it does originate from U.S.A. instead of Japan. Hence the name? and since the states do come up with random kind of rolls anyway. California Maki must be the easiest and most popular invention. So which recipe is the original California Maki/Roll then.. the one with avocado? or mango... God, this is making me hungry for some sushi right now. I have to stop analyzing then. lol



sake bomb

This is my first and last time to drink Sa-ke Bombs. What was I thinking? SA-KE! I've had that drink before. The Japanese "rice" drink. *blech* I didn't like it. You might think "rice" drink wouldn't taste good but it's like literally drinking... alcohol that you use to kill germs.

Sake Bombs. the word bomb refers to dropping a shot full of sake in a glass of beer.

Sake + Beer. = worst. 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I ate sushi about four months ago (I love sushi), and then later that night came down with a stomach virus. Correction= the WORST stomach virus in the history of stomach viruses. The hubs, the girls, my mom, my cousins, EVERYONE caught this bad mamma jamma. Anyhoo, I spent the entire night hurling up the previously consumed sushi. Ever since then, I just can't eat it. :( Makes me sad. Hopefully I'll get over it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh jess, i have to correct you... i love sushi but not really the raw ones.. well.. i know it wont be sushi if its not raw. lol

    but you know what i mean.. only the cooked rolls. lol

    ReplyDelete

-------------------interactive thingies-------------------

Related Posts with Thumbnails