sugar and spice. vodka and ice. that's what girls are really made of.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG, THEN FOLLOW. DON'T ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU BACK. (iHATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT)
I WILL FOLLOW BACK VOLUNTARILY IF I LIKE YOURS IN RETURN.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

40. yummy sushi

Yesterday, I tried cooking some frozen waffles (eggos) and frozen hash browns in the microwave because I couldn't find any toaster. I BURNT THEM HARD CORE! I do not know how stupid I was because that was just an easy to cook frozen food!

I guess I'm still just so used with the lifestyle in Manila where you have someone do to everything for you.

Today was my second day in San Diego, and I really had no plans in mind. Everyone was at work this morning so I had to prepare breakfast on my own. This time I was getting better at cooking "eggos" and "hashbrowns". Back in L.A. my grandparents cooked food everyday. I don't actually miss it. I'm actually getting the hang of eating frozen food the "American" style.

For the rest of the day I was eating frozen food. (well ofcourse I heated it, but you get that)

But for dinner, my cousins and I went out and they treated me to Yummy Sushi.
I just LOVE Japanese food. And the Japanese food here in the States, despite ideally coming from the same origin, it is prepared differently in the Philippines. I guess it also depends on the availability of the ingredients. Like here in the states they replace Mango with Avocado. And it's also weird they changed the "maki" to "rolls". My favorite maki is Califonia Maki. Now that I am actually IN California, it actually makes me wonder which "roll" is authentic, the one in Manila, Japan or California? lol....

Well either way, I want to go back to Japan and eat ALL the Japanese food I want. Except those with raw fish, I love Japanese food but I just don't like anything that has raw in it.


2 comments:

  1. I'm not a sushi fan, but I had Eggo waffles today too (in a toaster though). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you're very good in cooking eggos then. lol ... but i love sushi! :)

    ReplyDelete

-------------------interactive thingies-------------------

Related Posts with Thumbnails