sugar and spice. vodka and ice. that's what girls are really made of.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG, THEN FOLLOW. DON'T ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU BACK. (iHATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT)
I WILL FOLLOW BACK VOLUNTARILY IF I LIKE YOURS IN RETURN.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

76. Movie Marathon #4 Shrek Forever After

I'm not really the type of person who would be eager to watch Shrek Forever After compared to my liking to watch Toy Story 3. (I'm a Disney fan, what can I say?). Let me just put it this way, I probably watch Shrek, just because everybody watches it.


For one, Shrek is UGLY. Now, being an Ogre isn't an excuse. Why can't dream works create characters which are more pleasing to the eye? Take it from Disney's Monster Inc. They should be hideous because they are monsters... but they are also CUTE!


But to be fair, I think this is the best Shrek series they've produced. Wait, I'm sorry.. I'm kidding myself, I don't really recall how many series they've had and what the stories were. But what I'm trying to say finally there's sort of a lesson we can learn from watching Shrek. Aside from that looks can be deceiving and love is blind cliche. Shrek Forever After teaches us to be careful with what you wish for and you'd never realize what you have until it's gone.

Those are the exact lessons I learned from going to North California for the past week.

I wished to go there, and I got what I wished for. But everything was just total disaster (again). I wasn't able to do the things I wanted to to. I was basically just hanging around in the baby's room all day in front of the computer that I decided to go back to L.A. a week earlier than I booked.

Being at my uncle's house also made me realize that I was better off living under my grandparent's house because I had more freedom there and people didn't really bother me as much as my uncle's mom did. She practically NAGGED my way out of the house. You really won't realize what you have until it's gone and my last few days at my uncle's house made me beg myself to go back to L.A. in my room. I can't believe I got homesick.

So, well.. those are just the simple things...


I still don't like Shrek & Fiona because they are ugly. Thank God the sequel is over.

3 comments:

  1. I liked the first Shrek, mostly because of Donkey and John Lithgow. The rest were just okay to me, but I haven't seen the newest one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to rush Jess, you could just probably wait till it shows on TV... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Shrek :(

    BTW if you follow my blog then you'll have to unfollow and refollow. It's being an absolute jackass.

    ReplyDelete

-------------------interactive thingies-------------------

Related Posts with Thumbnails