sugar and spice. vodka and ice. that's what girls are really made of.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG, THEN FOLLOW. DON'T ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU BACK. (iHATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT)
I WILL FOLLOW BACK VOLUNTARILY IF I LIKE YOURS IN RETURN.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

49. farmville

I never really enjoyed playing farmville.
I never was able to harvest my crops on time and they always withered.


Cupcake Farm: this is the kind of farm I'd love to harvest

Today I did some harvesting which was NOT fun at all, either.

My grandmother had forced us to "harvest" these calamansi fruits.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calamansi
Calamansi is the "lemon" version in Manila. When I first arrived here in my grandmother's house, I found the calamansi funny because it was different from the the ones we had in the Philippines. What we had were color green (like the photo on the left). I guess I just thought because of the differences in the weather, the calamansi here turns to that color (the photo above).






But how come the calamansi in my friend's house in San Diego, are all green?
These are from my friend's house.
Cut the crap, I'm analyzing too much.

I got curious what the english translation of calamansi is. Since lemons are more popular here (and bigger and more sour), I'm not sure if there is even an english translation for it. Most of the people who live here and who know what calamansi is, they just call it... "calamansi".

I researched and found these western terms "acid orange, calamondin orange, Chinese Orange or Panama orange."

Hmmm It never crossed my mind of calling it an orange, that's so common sense. Probably because I got so used to it being green.

Oh well, good to know! lol

Going back to the stressful harvesting of these mini oranges. I suck at it. So we just cut the whole branches and I harvest on the floor. Cutting the whole bunch of branches was a good idea so that I hope the tree won't bear any more of those fruits anytime soon. That would mean another harvest.


We were able to make 3 full bags.



And there are STILL acid oranges left in the tree! UGH. My grandmother won't stop nagging again until we are able to harvest every single one of them. I just so want to chop the whole tree off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-------------------interactive thingies-------------------

Related Posts with Thumbnails