sugar and spice. vodka and ice. that's what girls are really made of.



There was an error in this gadget
IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG, THEN FOLLOW. DON'T ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU BACK. (iHATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT)
I WILL FOLLOW BACK VOLUNTARILY IF I LIKE YOURS IN RETURN.
There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, August 26, 2010

79. Movie Marathon #7 The Kite Runner

For you, and a thousand times over

I just finished watching the  movie "The Kite Runner" which was released in 2007.


It's not really the kind of movie that was promoted well nor was it a talk of the town. But I watched it because I know that this movie is promising. I believe so because I've read the book. 

F.Y.I. I'm not a book reader. I'm the laziest of them all. But this book was a requirement for school back in college days. And I was proud to say that this was the first book I've read cover to cover since I've read "The Little Prince" in highschool. And that book was just a 20 minute read, with drawings.



The fact that I'm reading this book (even while eating, walking or in class) means to me that it IS a good read.

The setting is in Afghanistan.

I'm afraid I cannot write a review about the book since I practically forgot about it and the movie couldn't of course capture all the details about it. Being a Hazara, a Pashtun or the Taliban, the Russians and the communists are just a few key words I could give you.

So I guess, what I'm trying to point out is to read the book. It is a bestseller, what more do I need to say to convince you?

I'm happy that I got to refresh my mind about the story of The Kite Runner, again. It's not the typical movie I watch like romance, comedy or animation. But it's a very informative movie that helped me become a little bit aware about the culture and history of another country.


"There is only one sin. And that is theft.
Every other sin is a variation of theft.

When you kill a man, you steal a life. 
You steal his wife's right to her husband, his children's right to a father. 
When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth."

4 comments:

  1. That book is on my list to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the book but the movie was touching. "for you, a million times over..." did i get the line right? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... i just posted it as my first line in the post.

    well its not a million... just a thousand :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Italy, the movie was HUGE! So much so that people actually started buying and reading the book (and no, they don't read much here - I suppose I'm above the average! lol). But when something is "trendy", I usually can't stand it. So I waited ages before getting the book and watching the film. Loved both though!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

-------------------interactive thingies-------------------

Related Posts with Thumbnails