sugar and spice. vodka and ice. that's what girls are really made of.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG, THEN FOLLOW. DON'T ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU BACK. (iHATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT)
I WILL FOLLOW BACK VOLUNTARILY IF I LIKE YOURS IN RETURN.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

79. Movie Marathon #7 The Kite Runner

For you, and a thousand times over

I just finished watching the  movie "The Kite Runner" which was released in 2007.


It's not really the kind of movie that was promoted well nor was it a talk of the town. But I watched it because I know that this movie is promising. I believe so because I've read the book. 

F.Y.I. I'm not a book reader. I'm the laziest of them all. But this book was a requirement for school back in college days. And I was proud to say that this was the first book I've read cover to cover since I've read "The Little Prince" in highschool. And that book was just a 20 minute read, with drawings.



The fact that I'm reading this book (even while eating, walking or in class) means to me that it IS a good read.

The setting is in Afghanistan.

I'm afraid I cannot write a review about the book since I practically forgot about it and the movie couldn't of course capture all the details about it. Being a Hazara, a Pashtun or the Taliban, the Russians and the communists are just a few key words I could give you.

So I guess, what I'm trying to point out is to read the book. It is a bestseller, what more do I need to say to convince you?

I'm happy that I got to refresh my mind about the story of The Kite Runner, again. It's not the typical movie I watch like romance, comedy or animation. But it's a very informative movie that helped me become a little bit aware about the culture and history of another country.


"There is only one sin. And that is theft.
Every other sin is a variation of theft.

When you kill a man, you steal a life. 
You steal his wife's right to her husband, his children's right to a father. 
When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth."

4 comments:

  1. That book is on my list to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the book but the movie was touching. "for you, a million times over..." did i get the line right? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... i just posted it as my first line in the post.

    well its not a million... just a thousand :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Italy, the movie was HUGE! So much so that people actually started buying and reading the book (and no, they don't read much here - I suppose I'm above the average! lol). But when something is "trendy", I usually can't stand it. So I waited ages before getting the book and watching the film. Loved both though!

    ReplyDelete

-------------------interactive thingies-------------------

Related Posts with Thumbnails