sugar and spice. vodka and ice. that's what girls are really made of.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG, THEN FOLLOW. DON'T ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU BACK. (iHATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT)
I WILL FOLLOW BACK VOLUNTARILY IF I LIKE YOURS IN RETURN.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

77. Movie Marathon #5 Grown Ups

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/grownups.png

"Things don't go always as you plan and that's what makes life interesting."

- That line just hit me because ever since I went here in the United States, most of the things that I expected did NOT go as the way I imagined it to be, not even close.

Grown Ups

I love this movie. It's about friendship from when you were young and keeping it until you grew older. I remember the first out of town trip my boyfriend and I had, with friends. These friends were my childhood friends. Well, these childhood friends were actually all boys. One of them was my boyfriend's cousin. (That's how we met, through his cousin). The movie was similar to our trip because I got to relieve the childhood moment being with my childhood friends. But this time we have multiplied because we had our other half with us. I'm looking forward to another trip together. My boyfriend having migrated to the U.S. already, and one of my friends migrating to U.K., an out of town vacation getta-way may be impossible to achieve soon. But I know it will happen again one day. Even if it takes that we have to bring "kids" in the picture :)

I love how the movie ended. Adam Sandler, intentionally missed that 3-point shot and let the other team to win. I myself did not expect it. Usually you'd expect the good guys to win right? But it showed a great deal on what really matters most when we're older. Unlike what I've seen from watching The Diary of a Wimpy Kid & 17 Again, what was important for us (i.e. social status) when we were in school, no longer has that much value when we get old. As we grow older we also become wiser.

It doesn't matter who wins or who got bitter. 
In the end, all that matters is who got better.


http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/grownups.png

2 comments:

  1. I might be going to see this on the weekend. It comes out this week in England (we are a bit behind). Did you end up having to go and watch The Expendables?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi alice, naaaaah.... i have a lot of movies i'd like to watch first before I watch that movie. :P lol.

    ReplyDelete

-------------------interactive thingies-------------------

Related Posts with Thumbnails