sugar and spice. vodka and ice. that's what girls are really made of.



There was an error in this gadget
IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG, THEN FOLLOW. DON'T ASK ME TO FOLLOW YOU BACK. (iHATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT)
I WILL FOLLOW BACK VOLUNTARILY IF I LIKE YOURS IN RETURN.
There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, July 3, 2010

29. the GPS of the what generation

Today, was a really nothing day.

But my grandma has been really nagging me to "review" on my driver education.

She keeps on telling me that I need to review so that I could take the exam because you won't survive here in the states if you can't drive. (I've been here for 1 month now, I think I'm still alive). Well, as if it was that easy to apply for a driving test. I don't even have Social Security yet. lol

But in any case, to please her and to familiarize myself with driving rules here in the U.S. I started reading the manual.

I know how to drive. I've been driving in the Philippines for years now. Only I still need a driver's education simply because if you've been to Manila, or if you've experienced driving in Manila, I think you will agree that there are NO driving rules in the Philippines. lol. I mean yes there are rules, but it's just paper. I don't think people have seen that paper too. Oh, I'm just being ridiculous.

People here told me "Well, if you can drive in Manila, surely you can drive here".

But yes, I know how to drive... I'm just afraid of the cops here. *hihi*


So anyway I wont discuss what I learned today because it will just be a waste of blah. But I will share what my grandmother gave me. It's supposed to be a sorta-"GPS" ... or something like it. I said that I needed one because I am SUCH A LOSER in directions. When I was in High school, I even got lost when I wanted to go back and visit my Elementary school. And I've studied there for EIGHT years! lol

So anyway, my grandma goes "I have a GPS"



errr..."What is THAT thing?"


uhmmmm granny, I don't think I would dare use this. The probabilities of getting lost will be even twice as higher if I trust this "talking road navigator" to lead the way.  F.Y.I the voice is SOOOO IRITATING!! I couldn't find the off button that I had to remove the batteries.


Whoever invented this "thing" must've lost A LOT in his investment. Or maybe not, maybe it won't even cost that much to invest in this "thing" ... lol

10 comments:

  1. hehe. I have a hard time navigating as well. I couldn't imagine not having a license. It's hard to believe at one point that I didn't have one, oddly enough. The cops here well are less to be desired. Good luck with the license ordeal =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, your grandma meant well- but that looks like a calculator?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol :) i know right :) .... grandma doesn't know much about technology now. she keeps asking me what's "Text" "facebook" "youtube" are.

    she always see it on TV lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you commented on my blog and came to return the favor :)

    LMAO at your grandma's GPS. That's the cutest thing I've ever imagined a grandma doing: "Here, use this fancy new GPS thingy-bob that I use!!" :) Kind of like when my grandparents wanted to give me their old cell phone. From like, 1998. Woah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just laughed so hard! That is HILARIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. girls girls.. don't get too overwhelmed.
    YOU HAVEN'T even heard it talk! lol

    the goodside, hey, atleast it has a voice thingy-majigy ... probably quite "advanced" for it's kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never in my life seen a GPS that looked like that. Interesting....

    Thanks for taking the time to read my posts! I appreciate it!

    And YES I AM BIASED. Can't help myself. My allegiance is to all things Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahaha. talagang pinasilip mo pa to sakin ha.. haha.. sana makapgdriver din ako sa tate. haha.. nice post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wala lang... Driver ka kase HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh god so no rules in the Philippines as well ??i thought it just my country lol
    u know i've been in Seattle/WA last year and let me tell you driving there in US is sooo easy yet boring!nothing chalanging lol

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

-------------------interactive thingies-------------------

Related Posts with Thumbnails